Monday, September 14, 2015

Chapter 1

Creeper - Age 13
Hi! I'm Creeper, and this is the story of me and my friends!

Chapter 1:

"Well?" Skelly asked rudely.
"Huh...what?" I mumbled back.
Skelly rolled her eyes with an annoyed "augh" then went to ask her question to Endi. Endi was the oldest and by far the tallest. She didn't really care about anybody but herself though. Most of the time she'd just be staring at people thinking how stupid they are or that they'd be better of just not even existing. Skelly wasn't that great of a person either. She'll constantly yell or just be mad at us. Oh, and by us I mean me, Endi, Blaze, Zombie, Wolfi, Ocee, Squid, Spider, and Cave Spider. Like Endi, she doesn't care about other people, but she seems to go about it with more hatred than just being stubborn. As for me, I'm almost always happy. Blaze always teases me that I "always want a hug". Most of the time it's true, but "always" is a little much. Wolfi and Ocee are the most loyal of us all. Neither of them will leave you no matter what, and would risk their lives for anybody. The only difference between Ocee and Wolfi is that Ocee is shy. Wolfi will try anything, anytime. Ocee would rather just stay back and lay low. Zombie and Cave Spider have the highest bond as friends. They're the youngest so they get picked on by the older girls in our group. Neither of them really mind though. Zombie even jumped on a chicken once and rode it around! Cave Spider cheered and jumped as Zombie rode along. CS and Zombie are by far the most immature, but they're super fun and playful.
"Hey," Blaze said, snapping her fingers in front of me, "Are you going to keep daydreaming or come help us?"
"Help with what?"
Blaze copied Skelly's eye roll, "It's almost nighttime. We have to get going."
The others started to grab their packed bags and food. I heard something about moving, but I didn't realize we'd be going anywhere today.
"Come on, C! Let's go!" Zombie called to me from the door as she broke it down.
I nodded and ran out the door.

It was quite cold, which Endi loved and Blaze hated. They didn't get along overly well. Blaze would scream and Endi would just sigh and walk away.
"H..hey" Spider started.
"Hiya," I said, smiling.
"I forgot my bag. Can you wait here so I won't be too far behind? I'm going to go back and get it."
Naturally, I agreed, and stood in my spot. About a minute passed when CS turned around, pale faced, shouting, "Where's my sister!?!?!?"
"She went back for her bag!?" I replied flustered.
CS's face was just blank. Endi kept walking, not caring about CS's problems.
"I...I can go get her," I offered.
CS nodded, and Zombie led her over to the others.

I sprinted as fast as I could. When I finally reached the cabin, I couldn't find Spider.
"Spider? Are you there? Hello?"
I went to the back of the room to then find Spider, curled in a ball in the corner.
"What's wrong?"
"..."
"Spider?"
"I'm not going."
I paused for a moment, "Why?"
"They don't like me. They think I'm not good enough."
Spider is, and always has been, the most insecure of us all. She can cry from being told almost anything.
"Well," I started, "You are...okay? They're just jerks and they don't know how to properly treat a person. Now c'mon. Let's catch up with the others."

**

After walking for what felt like an hour, the sun started to rise. That's fine for us, I mean we'll live, but Spider will feel a bit faint. She won't feel the need to fight until attacked. Her skin got a bit pale, and we knew we wouldn't find the others for a long while. They'd have to make camp somewhere in the woods so that Zombie and Skelly don't pass out and die. Somehow, Spider and I ended up in the tundra biome. Knowing we were lost, we sighed.

We reached an icy mountain. I looked up and could barely see the top.
"If we climb up we may get a good enough view to see them," Spider suggested.
Agreeing, I started to climb. Spider was born a great climber, plus she's taller than me, so she flew past me in no time. Not much longer, she was a quarter of the way to the top. Me, still not even a fith of the way there, stopped in a small cave to catch my breath. Then I heard a scream. It was Spider, and it got louder and louder. I poked my head out from the cave to see a grey blur falling from the sky down to almost my elevation. She dug her fingers and nails as hard as she could into the mountain at an attempt of slowing her fall, but only managed to get cuts on her skin. I watched as she fell past me, my cave, and all the way back to the bottom. I climbed down as fast as I could while screaming "Spider! Spider!". She had fallen way more than enough to kill her. Her arms, bleeding, looked broken. She was quietly squealing in pain.
"Spider, are you okay? No that's dumb... Will you live?"
She said nothing.
"Spider answer me! Please!"
"I can't move."
I reached for her arm to pull her off the ground, but she nodded and pleaded that I wouldn't.
"You can't stay there."
"My bag."
"What about it?"
"There's a potion of healing."
I let out a sigh of relief, "Where is it?"
Spider, using the last bit of energy left, weakly pointed to a location near the halfway mark on the mountain.
"It got caught," Spider coughed out, "that's how I fell."
I can't make it that far...I'll end up like Spider...
"I'll do my best," I said and leaped onto the side of the mountain.

**

As I climbed up, I could still hear Spider's moans. She was in great pain, and I'm still shocked she's alive. I reached for the nearest rock ledge, when my fingers slipped off the ice. I was dangling off the mountain by one hand. I said a quick prayer and reached again for the stone. Grasping it, I continued my journey. I couldn't see Spider or the rest of the ground anymore, but her bag was in my sight. Not much farther until I got there. After another 5 or so minutes, I reached the bag. Now just for the way down.

**

My foot slipped a litte when I grabbed her lumpy black bag, but I stayed upright, and kept on going. After laughing at how much I'm risking on my friends, a gust of wind came by. Now just imagine this: you're on the halfway point of a snowy, icy mountain, and then wind comes by. I was not dressed for the tundra biome at all, so I was freezing cold. My hands were getting numb, and every bone in my body was shaking. On my desent, I missed a rock, and fell 20 ft to my cave from earlier. Almost paralyzed, I reached for her bag to see if there were any more fancy potions to help me. One swiftness potion, one healing potion, and a golden apple. I apologized to Spider in my mind, and chomped down on the golden apple. My health replenishing, I jolted down the mountain. When I actually reached the bottom, I felt so alive. Spider sure didn't though. She was so pale anyone would assume she was dead. I did too, but threw the healing potion onto her, hoping and praying it would work. After a dramatic moment of waiting, she started coughing, and some color returned to her skin. I lept down onto her and gave her the biggest hug.
"I thought you were dead!" I shouted through tears, "I thought you were dead..."
Spider gave a nervous laugh, "Well I'm not now thanks to you."
"I didn't think I'd save a life when I was 13."
"I didn't think my life would have to be saved when I was 14."
We laughed. Somehow, we lived through the craziest expience ever.
"So, we still have to find the others now. It's getting dark so they're probably already on the move."
"Yeah," I replied, "It's going to be a while before we ever catch up to them."
Spider and I got off the ground, grabbed her bag, and started walking towards the forest. This was going to be a long couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment